Groups are an exciting way to share the adventure and fun of a canopy tour with friends and family. To qualify as a group you must meet all of the following criteria:
• You must have at least 8 participants.
• You must pay for the group on a single credit card and pay in full at time of booking.
Pricing for groups is $65.00 per participant for groups of up to 16 persons. Please call us for additional discounts on larger groups or for special events. We welcome school and scout groups as well as corporate events, and can provide base facilities for meetings as well as on site catering. If you are looking for a way to make your wedding a unique experience, try our “Leap Of Faith” wedding package!
Wildwood Rush Canopy Tour is a participant friendly experience, but some physical exertion is required. Persons who are in reasonably good health and can walk unassisted up two flights of stairs should have no trouble with our trails or bridges. We make every effort to accommodate otherwise healthy but mobility challenged persons, so please give us a call if you have any questions relating to accessibility.
Please read the following requirements carefully. For the safety of our guests and staff, compliance with these requirements will be strictly enforced. Persons misrepresenting any information will not be allowed to participate and will forfeit all fees paid.
• Participants must be at least 8 years of age. Children under age 16 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian on the tour. Participants under the age of 18 must have a signed agreement by a parent or legal guardian.
• Participants must weigh between 70 and 270 pounds. All participants will be weighed as dressed, and limits strictly enforced. Wildwood Rush reserves the right to temporarily lower or raise the weight limits as required by conditions to provide a safe experience for our guests. If a guest meeting the above criteria is excluded from a tour due to a temporary change, a refund will be issued.
• Participants must be able to hike unassisted over woodland trails with grades exceeding 15%, consisting of sand, clay and shale. Roots and other tripping hazards may be present, Sturdy, closed toe shoes are required. NO CLOGS OR FLIP-FLOPS
YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN THE TOUR IF YOU:
• Are pregnant or think you might be pregnant
• Have recent or reoccurring neck, back, or musculoskeletal injuries
• Have epilepsy or seizure disorders that do not permit you to drive
• Are under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or legal drugs that impair you in any way
• Suffer from a heart condition that may require immediate medical attention.
• Wildwood Rush is committed to helping make the canopy tour experience accessible to as many users as possible. While the nature of the tour requires certain restriction be assigned to protect the public, we are often able to accommodate individuals outside of these parameters with advanced notice and approval from the Course Manager.
Please contact us with questions or special needs.
Because you are buying a unique block of time (think of an airline ticket) if you decide to cancel we will require a minimum of 48 hours notice for a full refund. Cancellations with less than 48 hours but more than 24 hours notice will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice or no-shows will forfeit the tour fee.
You will be outside for the duration of your tour, so wear appropriate clothing. Layers work well for early morning tours that may start off chilly and warm as the day goes on. Although we are generally well sheltered from the wind, it can be a factor on cooler days, and a light jacket may be appropriate. On rainy days, bring appropriate rain gear, or purchase a poncho at our base camp. Some of the most beautiful conditions on the tour occur on rainy days.
• Long pants or longer style shorts are more comfortable to wear with the harnesses than shorter garments. Avoid tank tops, and stick with tee shirts or other shirts with sleeves.
• Long hair must be tied back or secured.
• Leave your flip-flops in the boat! Wear lace-on, closed-toe shoes or boots. They are more comfortable on the trail, and you can avoid the experience of watching your footwear fly off into oblivion on the zip line.
What to Bring
• A great attitude and great expectations!
•Bring your camera by all means! Just be sure that you have a secure strap or lanyard to attach it to you. Items dropped from the zip line cannot be retrieved during the tour, and may be lost permanently. Helmet mount video cameras are welcome, but let us know in advance so that we can help you get set up with our gear.
• Bring sunscreen, but apply it before you check in for your tour. Once we harness you, no further application will be allowed.
• Be sure to bring any medications that you may need, including any emergency inhalers or antihistamine devices. Bring a water bottle or camel-pack if you would like, just be sure that it has a way to securely fasten to your person. We have complimentary water available at the halfway point.
• Our guides work hard to insure that you have an exceptional experience at Wildwood Rush. Please remember to bring money for a tip if you feel that it was earned.
What NOT to Bring
• Cell phones, pagers, iphones, ipads, Kindles, Blackberry’s, or any other device that detracts from the natural experience and reminds us of the modern world.
• A special note about pets- PLEASE do not bring your pets to Wildwood Rush. Our parking lot has areas that may be shaded when your tour starts, but these areas will be in full sun by the time you return. It is unacceptable to leave pets in a vehicle on our premises, and we will contact Charlevoix County Animal Control if we feel that a pet is in distress in a locked vehicle.
• Ernest Hemingway may have smoked and chewed while he was walking our woods, but for the health and safety of our guests and guides, it is not allowed on Wildwood Rush premises. Leave the tobacky in the car!
• Food and chewing gum are not allowed on the tour.
Wildwood Rush Canopy tours is proud to be a part of the Boyne Area business community. While you are here we encourage you to visit other local businesses and find out what the “Boyne Buzz” is all about!